Should You Work With a Denver Property Management Firm?
There are great opportunities for investors in the Denver real estate market today.
Bank owned homes and short sales are often discounted much lower than well-maintained neighboring homes.
Property management should always be a concern when attempting to buy REO homes.
Before you buy call us, we can help make this decision to buy easier based on our extensive knowledge in the are of REO homes and residential property management concerns.
Some Denver home-buyers want to find the elusive “unlisted REO homes”. Should you search for distressed homes that aren’t on the market? And how do you find them?
There are five primary reasons why a Lender owned property in Denver is not in the MLS. Each of these reasons prevents the Lender from proceeding with an MLS listing or a private sale:
1. Lender has not yet obtained Public Trustee Deed to the property. The Deed is issued a few weeks after the Colorado foreclosure auction. In this interim period, a sale cannot take place.
2. Lender is conducting post acquisition inspections, which includes securing the property against prior owners, squatters and vandals. As soon as the lender completes the inspections and obtains a market valuation, it will be assigned to a Realtor®. Asset managers will not deal directly with buyers, and they will not sell a recent acquisition before a market valuation has been performed.
3. Listing has expired and Lender is transferring the listing to another Realtor®. Typically, there is one reason for the property’s failure to sell during the initial listing period: It was overpriced given it’s poor location or distressed condition. It will be in the MLS again shortly.
4. Property is not easy to sell due to a major problem. These problems include:
· Structural problems (settling foundation due to Bentonite soil in the Denver area)
· Hazard issues such as evidence of a meth lab
· Clouded title issues
5. Ownership of REO is being transferred in bulk between lenders. Lenders won’t pull one property out of a bulk transfer.
Asset managers list properties with a Realtor® as quickly as possible. Listing in the Denver MLS gives the Lender the broadest possible exposure, enabling the Lender to attract multiple interested parties. Asset managers know open market competition results in the highest possible price given the property’s condition and location.
A knowledgeable Buyer’s Agent will understand the REO process and will be able to guide you towards the best purchase of a bank owned property in Denver. Then again, you might save thousands by buying a traditional owner-occupied home that is in excellent condition. It’s always best to weigh the out-of-pocket cost of repairing a distressed property with the financed cost of purchasing a home in premium condition.
We are Denver Property Management Experts
Denver Property Management,Residential Property Management Denver,Commercial Property Management Denver,Homes for Rent Denver,Denver Property Management Jobs
Denver Property Management
Property Management Denver
Tagged with: denver • denver property management • denver property management capitol hill • denver property management companies • denver property management jobs • denver property management rentals • home • management • property • property management • property management dallas • property management denton tx • property management fort worth • property management software • propertymanagement • realestate • software • web2.0
Filed under: Denver Property Management
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!